SoftExpert is a leading company in the information technology sector and its main objective is to offer its customers software and services aimed at continuous improvement and optimization of its business processes, thus transforming operational excellence into a true competitive advantage.
Our pursuit of continuous improvement is directly linked to the collection and processing of certain information from our customers, either through direct mailing or the use of our software.
The privacy and security of the personal data we collect is of enormous importance to us. For this reason, we want to explain in a transparent way how we collect, store, share and use such information, as well as describing the controls and the choices available to the data subjects.
2. ABOUT THIS POLICY
This Policy defines the details regarding the collection and storage of personal data by SoftExpert.
The purpose of this Policy is:
- Ensure that the individuals from whom we collect information understand what personal data we collect, why we collect and use them, and with whom we share them;
- Explain how we use the personal data mentioned;
- Explain the respective rights and options that individuals have with respect to the personal data we collect and treat and how we will protect this data.
We expect that this policy will provide a good explanation of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and other third parties from whom we collect information.
If any individual does not agree with the content of this Policy, we remind that he is free to decide not to accept it.
3. INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES: WE PROVIDE CHOICE AND CONTROL OPTIONS
As provided in terms of applicable law and unless limited by it, the rights granted to individuals are as follows:
- Right of access: It consists of the right to request access to the personal data we collect and process;
- Right of rectification: It is the right to request that we change or update personal data whenever they are incorrect or incomplete;
- Right to delete information: Right to request the exclusion of your information from our databases;
- Right to restrict: The right to request the cessation, temporarily or permanently, of processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right of opposition: (i) The right at any time to oppose the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your situation; (ii) Right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to data portability: It consists of the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit such personal data for use in third party services.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We collect personal data in the following ways:
- Through the use of our website: We receive and store all the information that is provided to us through the forms on our website;
- Use of our software and services: Eventually, we trigger certain attributes of our software, as well as other technical tools, which will capture and store information about the use of our software;
- Third parties: We receive certain information from third parties, including partners with whom we work. We use this data only if the owner has authorized the third parties to share it or if we have a legitimate interest in using them.
We use information made anonymous and aggregated for purposes that include testing our IT systems, researching, analyzing data, creating marketing and promotion models, improving our software and services, and developing new features and functionality.
5. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
In the table below we present the categories of data that we may collect, we expose the reasons why we treat such data and the associated legal foundations on which we rely, and which allow us to legally perform the treatment.
|Category||Description||Usage||Funding for Collection|
|Software Usage||These are personal data collected from users of our software and include: (a) Internet Protocol Address (IP); (b) log in; (c) e-mail address; (d) computer and connection information, such as browser type, version and time zone, operating system and platform, as well as information related to the use of the software, such as: (a) time and place of access; (b) activities carried out; (c) time of use; among others.||Analyze how users interact with the tools in order to correct potential errors, as well as develop new functionalities, in the search for continuous improvement of our software.||Express consent of individual ¹; Legitimate interest.|
|Software Satisfaction||Personal data collected through surveys sent to the individual from time to time, such as: (a) evaluation of the software (note) and justification; (b) user function; (c) department; (d) e-mail; (e) software used.||Measure the satisfaction level of our users as well as collect suggestions for improvement.||Express consent of individual ¹;Legitimate interest.|
|Direct Contacts||Personal data collected directly by certain areas (ombudsman, prospection and SAC) of our organization via telephone contact.||Answer service calls; attend clients manifestations; prospect clients; etc.||Express consent of individual ¹;|
|Marketing Data||Personal data collected through forms available on our website², the main ones being: (a) e-mail; (b) full name; (c) position in your organization; (d) business telephone; (e) the company in which you work; (f) country or region; (g) skype; (h) cellphone, etc.||Communicate³ with our customers, as well as other third parties, about: (a) marketing campaigns; (b) advertising information; (c) promotion of aggregate content; (d) invitations to webinars and other events; (e) contacting potential partners, among others.||Express consent of individual ¹|
1. Consent is collected upon user’s first access to SoftExpert software, or via clear and specific requests. If any individual chooses not to give their consent, data collection will not occur.
2. With data collected by third-party systems, through cookies or any targeting and tracking feature, we use the feature called remarketing, or retargeting, to show ads based on the subjects, interests, and pages that are visited within our company websites. We will not use this feature to promote third-party services as an affiliate or as any other type of promotion.
3. We emphasize that all marketing emails sent by SoftExpert have a link to unsubscribe if the recipient does not wish to receive more messages of this type.
6. SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
By agreeing with the collecting and storing of the data, in any of the ways described above, individuals also understand that SoftExpert may share such data with certain third parties, as follows:
|Service Providers and Partners¹||We use technical service providers that can perform different consulting activities, as well as commercial partners that perform in certain stages of prospection and sale. We also use services from companies specialized in marketing and advertising to better disclose information that is of interest to our customers and prospects.|
|SoftExpert Group Companies¹||We share personal data with other companies in the SoftExpert group for the performance of our daily activities, and for the purpose of maintaining and providing our services.|
|Compliance with Law||We may share personal data when we believe in good faith that this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under applicable law or to respond to a valid legal process, such as a search warrant, a court order or a subpoena.|
1. In these cases, SoftExpert undertakes and is responsible for ensuring that said third parties comply with all the terms of this policy, thus maintaining the confidentiality of all information and the privacy of the data owners.
7. DATA CONSERVATION AND DELETION
We retain all personal data that we collect as long as necessary to provide the services contracted by our customers and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as to maintain the performance of our software, make business decisions about features and offers based on data, comply with our legal obligations, and resolve disputes.
At the request of the data subject (as determined in section 3) we will delete or make anonymous their personal data in a way that does not identify him, except in cases where it is legally permitted or obligatory to keep certain personal data, including situations such as following:
- In the event of any problem relating to the individual, such as an outstanding credit or unresolved claim or dispute, we will retain the necessary personal data until the problem is resolved;
- If we are required to maintain personal data for our legal, tax, audit and accounting obligations, we will retain the personal data required for the period required by applicable law;
- Whenever necessary to our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention or to maintain the safety of our users.
8. TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
SoftExpert shares the personal data globally with other SoftExpert group companies in order to perform the activities specified in this Policy. This includes SoftExpert Group companies in the following countries: Germany, Spain, United States of America and Mexico.
SoftExpert may also subcontract the treatment to, or share personal data with, third parties located in countries other than the data subject’s country of residence (as mentioned in section 6). This data may therefore be subject to privacy laws other than those in force in the data subject’s country of residence.
Personal data collected in the European Union and Switzerland can, for example, be transferred and processed by third parties located in a country outside the European Union and Switzerland. In such situations, SoftExpert will ensure that the transfer of personal data is carried out in accordance with the applicable privacy laws and, in particular, the adoption of appropriate contractual, technical and organizational measures.
9. KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
We are committed to protecting the personal data we collect and treat. We implement technical and organizational measures to help protect the security of personal data; however, please note that no system is completely secure.
We implement various policies, including encryption, access and retention guidelines, contractual clauses, among others to prevent unauthorized access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
From time to time, we may make unilateral changes to this Policy. In these cases, an adequate communication will always be sent regarding the changes.
Therefore, it is essential that every individual make sure that he / she reads all communication sent by SoftExpert carefully.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US